Oklahoma City DUI Defense Lawyer
Whether it is your first offense or a repeat incident, receiving a Driving under the Influence (DUI) or Driving While Impaired (DWI) sentence in Oklahoma can have serious, lifelong consequences. From hefty fines to jail time and possible license revocation, knowing your rights can be the key difference between minimizing the potential criminal charges against you and having to go to jail.
In the eyes of the legal system, there is such thing as a “minor DUI”—it is a criminal offense, and you will be tried as such. Unfortunately, due to factors like human error, unfair roadside testing and technological malfunction (such as a breathalyzer giving a false positive), an instance may arise in which you are falsely accused of driving under the influence.
The possible consequences you may experience if you’re convicted can include:
- A jail or prison sentence
- Expensive fines
- Loss of your driver’s license
- Loss of use of your vehicle
- Loss of your job, especially if you drive for work in any capacity
- Increases in your car insurance premiums
- A permanent criminal record that can’t be expunged
If you or a loved one has been convicted of a DUI/DWI offense in Oklahoma, you will need the expert legal representation of Angela Singleton to defend you Combining years of experience as a former prosecutor with client-focused practice.
Important Topics about DUI Defense
Since starting my practice, many clients have raised important questions about what exactly goes into a DUI case—how DUI is defined, how these cases are defended in court and what factors can contribute to an enhanced DUI charge, for example.
I have outlined several of these topics below with the intention of providing general education about DUI law in Oklahoma:
- How Is A DUI Defined In Oklahoma?
- What Happens When Someone Is Pulled Over On Suspicion Of Using Drugs?
- Are Drug-DUI Cases Harder To Defend Than Alcohol DUI Cases?
- What Happens After Someone Is Pulled Over On Suspicion Of DUI?
- How Can An Attorney Help Someone To Get Out Immediately?
- How Does A Prior Arrest Or Conviction Impact A DUI Case?
- What Factors Can Cause DUI Charges To Be Enhanced Or Aggravated?
- What Generally Happens At The Scene Of A Drunk Driving Accident?
Unfortunately, each DUI case is unique in the sense that there is no single “surefire” way to guarantee that what worked with one client will work for you. My extensive trial experience as both a former prosecutor and a criminal defense attorney has given me the insight to ensure that regardless of the circumstances of your case. I will assist you by making sure your needs are met so that your case can move forward and bring you one step closer to getting your life back.
Contact an Experienced Criminal Defense DUI Attorney
Sometimes, having to defend yourself in a DUI case can seem like an intimidating and almost hopeless prospect. The prosecutor will waste no time pointing out how you could have posed a danger to yourself and to other drivers in the area, and the jury may feel inclined to agree with them. But when these charges are made without a solid and conclusive basis, or are made unfairly against you, you have the legal right to an attorney who can help others see that you are the victim of an unfair trial.